Friday, July 22, 2011

Runnin'

Hey Folks!! Just a quick note to let ya'll know I haven't forgot about ya! I've just been very busy the past few days with a number of things I'll tell you about soon. The chickens keep me runnin' too! They are bottomless pits, these things! An open mouth every time you step outside. we let them run loose in the evenings and give them scratch, grass and fruits and veggies culled from the garden every day but they just can't be filled up.!

And, speaking of veggies from the garden, stuff is really starting to come in right now so I have got to do something with all this stuff. This was what I harvested yesterday afternoon but I went out this morning early and have LOTS more. An armload of corn, literally. I've got to can, pickle, freeze or cook all this! Plus, I also have a number of pottery orders to complete, so I'm kinda run hard right now. I have several good posts brewing for you though when I get back.
Ya'll be good.

8 comments:

Ron said...

That corn looks great, it'll be a while before ours comes in. It takes some time and effort to preserve it all, but it sure is nice to have the freezer and pantry stocked with good food.

Ed said...

If one of those orders happens to be a set of mugs heading to Iowa, there is no rush. I'm thinking a Christmas gift perhaps.

R.Powers said...

You go girl!
See you when you return.

Woody said...

Looks great!

HermitJim said...

Looks like a fine start to a pot of home made stew or soup! Throw in a pan of cornbread and ...!

What time do we eat?

MamaHen said...

Hey Ron! Yeah, it's really nice to have 'fresh' veggies come winter, in whatever form!

HEy Ed! OK! well, I haven't started on yours yet but I do want to get it soon so I don't forget about it. :)

Hey FC! thanks!

Hey Woody! thanks!

Hey jim! Woo, now I do like homemade veggie soup and cornbread! I'll holler when it's ready! lol!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That's what happens in gardens this time of year - stuff just keeps on comin' in and just when you figured you had picked it all and got caught up. It's the same here, especially with cukes and squash which sweem to grow overnight!

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

The produce looks great. Good Eating!

Being home trying to do the "homesteading" thing is very work intensive. Are you thinking a job right now would be more of a rest.