Friday, December 27, 2013

Cold Day In The Sun


Although we didn't get any snow around here, the frost was heavy enough that if you squinted just right you could kinda see a white Christmas morning.  Ha!  We'll take what we can get.  Thank you all that left Christmas greetings and I hope all you that celebrate had a wonderful holiday.  Ours was fairly quiet but enjoyable.
Sorry that I have not done my usual Christmas postings but the little bit of reprieve I had from this illness or whatever was short lived and I have just not felt up to it.  I have continued the routine that I thought was making me feel better but it just isn't working anymore.  I don't understand what is going on and no one else seems to either so I'm just kinda floating along.  I managed to do a little cooking and a tiny bit of gardening but most efforts leave me very weak now and I have to nap or lay down a couple times a day.  I feel like an injured herd member that just keeps falling further and further behind. I appreciate those of you that continue to come here despite the lack of posts and in spite of my whining about being sick.  I thought maybe I could just go to showing photographs.  I still walk every day no matter what, so I can take a few pictures here and there.  I think in some ways I've dragged this blog out way longer than it needed to be, but then, I have lots of projects I'd still like to show and I like to hear from ya'll.  We live kinda "out" and I don't see a lot of people most days.  And let me tell you, when you're sick, you'll hear from and see even less.  But I'm sure most of you know that.  At any rate, I enjoy having people to communicate with online and to me, blogs are nicer than other social media.
I've been trying very hard not to get discouraged or depressed but it's kinda hard at times.  Still, I think I've actually been doing pretty good on that part.  I've been planning a good bit that I want to do when I get to feeling better and that gives me something to look forward to.  Next year HAS to be better.  Not just for me but for lots of folks.  Seems like there has been a lot of sadness and difficult times this year all around.  But, life has it's ups and downs and I guess most bloggers would tell you that is what they try to capture in their writings.  So they can show other people that they are not alone.  If we are honest about things, well, sometimes they just suck and there's not much else to be said.  But, things always get better, one way or another.  Maybe it's not in a way we imagined or hoped, but things do get better.  So, here's to next year!!  To that irrepressible human tradition of Hope.  If I'm not back by Tuesday I wish all of you and very happy, safe and prosperous New Year!!  May the sorrows of 2013 be drowned in the joy of the coming year.

10 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sometimes, life can sure send raw breaks, Annie, and it's hard to remain positive at times, but that's what keeps you going and why blogging friends hang in. Life isn't like a flowery Christmas letter, which I dislike! and sharing what's going on, good or not so much, keeps it real even if not so uplifting at times. Grenville and myself wish you better days in 2014 and we will keep hanging in and hope you will too.
Happy New Year to you and Jack, Chigger too!

Pablo said...

Oldest reader here (though chronologically, FC is older). It was a rough December for me physically too, but I'm eager for the new year. As the song says, "tomorrow's just a day away."

JO said...

I'm thinking it has to be physically better. It's kinda a must don't you think.

Anyway Happy New Year to You and Jack.

Unknown said...

Love the photo!

MamaHen said...

Hey Bea! thank you and Happy New Year to you and Gren! I'm going to believe things are going to get better.

Hey Pablo! sorry that you are feeling bad! I hope we all improve quickly!!

Hey Jo! Yes, you would think it would be!! I'm gonna believe that it will be.
Happy New Year to you!

Hey Ken! thanks!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are still walking, if you can do nothing else, keep on trying. Walking is highly recommended for a multitude of reasons. I am sure you have figured them out.
Life is a rollercoaster and sometimes up and sometimes down and I do hope your 2014 will show improvement in your health. We age a little bit every day and we have to deal with it the best we can. I had an Thai massage instructor tell me once, our bodies get gipped, while our minds think we are young and can still do what we want, the wear and tear tells us differently.
Hang in there and jump do what is within your limits.
I'm a massage therapists and I work daily to keep folks moving. I stay booked with folks 40-91.

I walk, I am standing to type, because my back is fussing with me right now.

You have dealt your body some tough work in construction and along with you dx. it is fussing back in a big way.

Happy New Year from a rainy Lower Alabama sort of way.

Baby Sis said...

Annie -
I don't post often, but come back to visit you every day, and hold you and Jack in my prayers that someone will discover just what your body needs. I enjoy all your posts, especially the triumphs, but love your pottery and the girls. Please stick around as long as you feel up to it - the silent majority is pulling for you .....

MamaHen said...

Hey Anon! thanks! yeah, it's just life and I am ready for some of the highs!! I've been in the downs for long enough. You know, it's funny, I always felt better when I was working construction. It was often not physically hard and I guess it was just the constantly walking, moving and being outside that made you feel good.
Happy New Year!

Hey Baby Sis! thank you for that comment! I appreciate your encouragement and your prayers.

Podunk Paul said...

Keep up the good work, doing what you can each day. That's all any of us can do.

I feel that I owe you a debt of gratitude for the years I have followed your blog and the pleasure it has given me.





MamaHen said...

Hey Paul! well thanks! I'm happy that you have enjoyed my blog all this time.